A 43-year-old man was arrested Saturday by police in Stockton, United States, in connection with six murders that have rocked the central California city since last year. Wesley Brownlee was taken into custody Saturday morning after “hunting down” another victim, local police chief Stanley McFadden told a news conference.
“He was on a killing spree,” the officer said, adding that Mr Brownlee was holding a gun when he was arrested. “We’re confident we’ve prevented another murder.” Five people were killed in somewhat similar circumstances in the vicinity of Stockton between July 8 and September 27. Another was killed in April 2021 in Oakland, 80 km west of Stockton. The victims were between the ages of 21 and 54.
A woman survived an armed attack believed to have been carried out by Brownlee. Investigators are still trying to determine a possible motive. Stockton, a California city of 350,000 people, is located sixty kilometers south of the state capital, Sacramento.
Mr. Brownlee is expected to appear in court and be charged Tuesday, and local attorney Tori Verber Salazar said her office is reviewing the evidence to determine what charges will be brought against him. “This crime is settled because we are residents of Stockton. For we have not come to reign in such terror,” declared the magistrate.
Free onbeperkt toegang tot Showbytes? That’s Gun!
Log in to the Maak een account.
“Total coffee junkie. Tv ninja. Unapologetic problem solver. Beer expert.”