See what happened on the scale ahead of UFC Vegas 71
The UFC returned to the APEX facility this weekend with a card headlining two of the promotion’s top bantamweights. At UFC Vegas 71, he will face former champion Petr Jan Merab Dvalishvili.
Yan lost his belt to Al Juman Sterling in his first defense and then failed to regain it in a rematch immediately. Dvalishvili is on an eight-time winning streak, but it seems unlikely that he will challenge his close friend and training partner Sterling for the belt. The main participant in this is the heavyweight confrontation between Alexander Volkov and Alexander Romanov.
Join the new BE
Bloody Elbow leaves Vox and relaunches as a reader-supported site. Help us keep the MMA journalism alive.
Making the fight card even more special than the usual APEX fare is the inclusion of Nikita Krylov vs.
Up front there are some interesting matches including JJ Aldrich vs. Ariane Lipski and Raphael Assuncao vs. Davey Grant.
But before these fights can happen, we need to strike a balance. The official weigh-ins take place at 12 p.m. ET. Keep it locked on this page for all results as they happen.
Main card (6 p.m. ET on ESPN+):
- Bantamweight: Petr Yan (136) vs. Merab Dvalishvili (134.5)
- Heavyweight: Alexander Volkov (258) vs. Alexander Romanov (264.5)
- Catchweight (215 lbs.): Nikita Krylov (213) vs. Ryan Spann (213)
- Featherweight: Ricardo Ramos (154) * Austin Lingo (145.5)
- Bantamweight: Said Nurmagomedov (136) vs. Jonathan Martinez (135.5)
- Light Heavyweight: Vitor Petrino (204) vs. Anton Turkalj (205).
The preliminary card (3 p.m. ET on ESPN+):
- Heavyweight: Carl Williams (240.5) vs. Lukasz Brzeski (245)
- Bantamweight: Rafael Assuncau (136) vs. Davy Grant (136)
- Middleweight: Cedriques Dumas (184.5) vs. Josh Fremd (186)
- Bantamweight: Mario Bautista (136) vs. Guido Canetti (136)
- Flyweight: JJ Aldrich (125.5) vs. Ariane Lipski (125.5)
- Bantamweight: Tony Gravelli (136) vs. Victor Henry (136)
- Flyweight: Tyson Nam (125.5) vs. Bruno Silva (125.5)
- Welterweight: Carlston Harris (169.5) vs. Jared Gooden (177)*
* Ricardo Ramos loses 8 pounds. His fight with Austin Lingo has been cancelled.
** Jared Gooden loses 6 lbs.
About the author: Tim Bissell is a writer, editor, and deputy site manager at Bloody Elbow. He has covered combat sports since 2015. Tim covers news and events and has also written feature and investigative articles. (Full CV)
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”