The next update for Halo Infinite will be released including two new ranked play features that players have been highly requesting; Demotion protection and classified dismissal penalty adjustments. Let’s dive into the details and talk about how it works!
Demotion protection: You’ve just leveled up from Gold to Platinum – great job, it wasn’t easy. Unfortunately, in your next match you didn’t play very well, or maybe you got a phone call and got distracted, or maybe one of your teammates quit – well, back to Gold. Well, that’s no longer the case with the introduction of demotion protection. When you level up to a new division (Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, or Garnet) you’ll get a grace period of three matches, win or lose, as a kind of safety net and you won’t be demoted to the previous division. to divide.
Example scenario: You’ve moved to Onyx and your CSR is 1503. If you lose a game, disconnect, or hang up – your new CSR will be 1500, which will keep you on Onyx. If the same thing happens two more times, you will still have 1,500.
A win in a game will count as one of the 3 guard games – it’s not 3 losses, it’s 3 games no matter what happens.
Classified smoking cessation penalty adjustments: So, you’re in the middle of a game and one of your team members has just quit – great, now you have no real chance of winning and will lose points anyway for quitting. Well, that will change too. If someone quits in your game but is not on your fireteam, they will still receive the maximum penalty, but you won’t lose any social responsibility.
Okay, great, but we have some questions, Tashi:
- If another team member resigns, can I resign without any penalty? Yes!
- If a member of my fire team resigns, and then I resign, what is the penalty? You will lose up to 5 CSR, just like today.
- If someone who is not on my fire team quits, but we stay and lose the game, how much CSR will I lose? 0 Corporate Social Responsibility. Ranked matches are not intended to be played with unequal teams – players should be able to leave without any penalty and start looking again for another match.
- What happens if a team member freezes/crashes while uploading? The first withdrawal after the start of a match will still receive a full penalty, but after that all players will be able to leave without any penalty.
- If someone withdraws from my game, and I then decide to withdraw without penalty, will I still get hit with the hammer? No, quitting smoking in these cases is safer than a hammer.
Ranked extraction updates
Based on the feedback we’ve heard from players, we’ve also made some major updates to Ranked Extraction (you won’t see these updates to Extraction in Social Playlists).
Voice changes: Right now, you can hear that your extraction point is being diverted by the enemy team from anywhere on the map. This meant that players were able to leave the area around the extraction device and use a public voice queue to tell them when to peek outside. With this upcoming audio change, the device itself will emit the sound – meaning you’ll have to be close to hear it’s being converted. As a result, teams will need to pay close attention to the extraction device much more than they need to today.
UI changes: You can now see in your UI when the extraction point is converted. As mentioned above, this allowed players to leave the area near the extraction device and only peek when the UI showed it was being transformed. With the next change, this will almost completely disappear. The UI will no longer indicate when the extraction point is actively converted, nor will it indicate how much time is left. The game will be played in a slightly old-school and hardcore style, as players/trainers will need to time extractions like timing weapons/power-ups in older Halo titles.
We hope these quality of life updates make your ranked experience more enjoyable and we wish you good luck on your way to the top.
“Typical beer trailblazer. Hipster-friendly web buff. Certified alcohol fanatic. Internetaholic. Infuriatingly humble zombie lover.”