War in Ukraine: “Russia is preparing for maximum escalation,” senior Ukrainian official warns.

Ukrainian officials have been drumming up threats of a new offensive by the Russian military for weeks and have called for more military support from Western countries.


Reading Time: 2 minutes

LUkraine expects Russia to launch a new offensive in the spring that will see the heaviest fighting since the war began in February 2022. “We have already come a long and difficult path, but I think the worst path will come”, probably in the next two or three months, said Wednesday Oleksii Danilov, Secretary of Defense and National Security Council of Ukraine, broadcast by the British channel Sky News. He believes the coming months will be decisive in the continuation of the conflict.






Read more
Landmines: Human Rights Watch report indicts Ukraine


At the same time, Oleksii Danilov did not exclude that a Russian attack would already occur in the next two or three weeks. “Moscow is preparing for maximum expansion,” he said. He says that new units are currently being formed and trained on the Russian side. He says the number of Russian soldiers fighting in Ukraine is about 320,000, half of whom could take part in the new offensive.

Ukrainian officials have been drumming up threats of a new offensive by the Russian military for weeks and have called for more military support from Western countries. Kyiv took delivery of the battle tanks last week, but they will arrive only at the end of March at the earliest.

See also  18 injured, "I thought it was a bomb" (videos)





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *