Speculating on rumors surrounding professional wrestling is a favorite pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors sparked by the professional wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: rumors are just rumours. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the professional wrestling rumor mill. We track the accuracy of the rumors in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back which you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors of the day:
- The Observer Wrestling Live Brian Alvarez said that CM Punk’s controversial interview with ESPN will be released today. Alvarez added that Punk’s interview was “locker room talk” at this week’s AEW Dynamite taping.
- Alvarez also said, “If you thought maybe all the strife and schism was removed in the locker room after that interview, well, it’s not.”
- Sources said that even though Roman Reigns was presented with a new WWE Universal Championship belt two weeks ago Sports Illustrated WWE is still considering the idea of carrying Paul Heyman around Roman’s two former belts.
- Apparently Carlito called independent wrestling promoter Devon Nicholson and canceled his booking for the July 15th show because he claims he signed with WWE. fighting Carlito has been said to have pulled himself out of “multiple upcoming independent dates,” and not only that.
- according to BWEIYO SKY is the “top contender” for winning the women’s “Money in the Bank” ladder match, but some other ideas are “on the table” and could start on SmackDown tonight.
- As far as the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match is concerned, BWE claims L.A. Knight and Damian Priest are favorites to win it, but the decision likely won’t be made until the day of the show.
If you’ve heard any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember that they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take it as such. And check out the weekly rumors, look back here To track the validity of the rumors.
“Lifelong beer expert. General travel enthusiast. Social media buff. Zombie maven. Communicator.”