The fire occurred in the Iraqi Nineveh Governorate, in its Al-Hamdaniya district.
Local officials said that a bride and groom died along with more than 100 guests at a wedding, today, Tuesday, as a result of a fire that broke out in a wedding hall in Al-Hamdaniya, northern Iraq.
At least 150 others were injured when the roof of the wedding hall caught fire and then collapsed, according to Hassan Al-Alaq, deputy governor of the Nineveh region.
Local reports said that fireworks that went off inside the wedding hall, where up to 1,000 people were celebrating, may have caused the fire.
Fire investigators were working at the scene Wednesday morning.
The Iraqi Prime Minister called for three days of national mourning.
ABC News’ Joe Simonetti contributed to this report.
“Infuriatingly humble analyst. Bacon maven. Proud food specialist. Certified reader. Avid writer. Zombie advocate. Incurable problem solver.”