After a very brief delay of about one day, Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch 3 is now available to download on PS5. And Larian Studios wasn’t lying, it’s actually a huge update, making all kinds of tweaks to gameplay systems, balance, and technical performance.
The patch notes are unsurprisingly large and detailed — too large to fit into this article — so we’ve gone ahead and selected the broader changes.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch 3 Patch Notes
- The magic mirror that allows you to change your appearance is now available in the camp!
- Colors on the PS5 controller will now correspond to elemental damage types more closely.
- Improved performance in the lower city. More is coming!
- Made the dye colors more intense and more visible on some armor. This will only affect newly dyed items.
- Level Up will now queue all characters that can be leveled up so you don’t have to tap on them individually.
- Improved how the game handles object selection on console.
- Updated the character sheet on console to place active conditions at the top of the list of notable features.
- Lots of specific crash and bug fixes.
- Several improvements were made to ensure we hit the FPS quality target in most, if not all, areas of the game, resulting in a stable 30 FPS in Quality mode. We continue to work hard to stabilize at 60fps.
- Many improvements have been made when navigating the world using the controller.
- Lots of combat specific modifications.
- Lots of gameplay specific modifications.
- Lots of task fixes and rework.
- Lots of console improvements.
- Lots of bug fixes in animation.
- Lots of dialogue reworking and edits.
- Lots of audio fixes.
You can find the full, unedited patch notes at Official Website.
Will you return to Baldur’s Gate 3 with patch 3 installed? Gather your party and make some tough choices in the comments section below.
“Typical beer trailblazer. Hipster-friendly web buff. Certified alcohol fanatic. Internetaholic. Infuriatingly humble zombie lover.”