An American woman credits the Apple Watch with saving her life after a carbon monoxide leak

Natalie Nasatka starts the new year grateful to be alive.

Delaware resident Natalie Nasatka narrowly avoided tragedy thanks to the Apple Watch's SOS feature. On December 29, while suffering from fatigue and blurry vision, she instinctively used the watch to call for help. This quick action saved her life, as she was later discovered to be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Nasatka woke up at 8 a.m. feeling unusually tired. After canceling appointments, I drifted off onto the couch. Early warning signs, coupled with the intervention of an Apple Watch, ensured her quick rescue by emergency services.

“It was very scary. I ended up passing out. I was feeling so exhausted. My vision became blurry,” Natalie said. CBS News.

“When I heard the firefighters shouting 'Fire Department' and pulling me out of bed, I started crying and saying, 'I want to live. I want to live,'” she said.

“It's the lack of oxygen that affects the body. There are certain things that become irreversible. The heart can become damaged. Once the brain is without oxygen for a long time, there can be irreversible symptoms,” says Dr. Lynn Farrugia, emergency physician. . The department doctor said.

“Carbon monoxide was confirmed because the fire department monitor read 80 parts per million in the apartment, which is extremely high,” she said.

She believes the gas leak came from a faulty heater, which is one of the leading causes of carbon monoxide poisoning in the winter.

What is carbon monoxide and where is it found?

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, carbon monoxide, or “CO,” is an odorless, colorless gas that can kill you. Carbon dioxide is found in the fumes produced any time you burn fuel in cars, trucks, small engines, stoves, lanterns, grills, fireplaces, gas stoves, or ovens. Carbon dioxide can build up indoors and be toxic to people and animals who breathe it.

See also  Microsoft updates Surface Laptop Go and Laptop Studio

What are the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning?

The most common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. Carbon monoxide symptoms are often described as “flu-like.” If you breathe in too much carbon dioxide, it can knock you unconscious or kill you. People who are asleep or drunk can die from carbon monoxide poisoning before they develop symptoms.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *